Our History

On March 18, 1943,  17 worshipers assembled in the basement of one of their homes for the congregation's 1st service, which was lead by Pastor Donald Fraser.  A short time later, they rented a store building directly across from the present church.  During the same year, the growing congregation purchased a one acre lot on the southeast corner of Wick & Mortenview for $2,200.00 (the down payment was $10.00). 

By Oct. 29, 1943, a charter & papers of incorporation were obtained.  WRBC had 26 charter members.  Until the first auditorium was built in 1956, services & Sunday School classes were conducted in a renovated riding stable that was on the property. 

The church has had 7 pastors in her history:  Donald Fraser, Leland Kennedy, Bernie Rodgers, Homer Furr, William Sears, Dan C. Broaddus, and the current pastor, Lanny Phillips.  Pastor Phillips has been the pastor since 2019.